What is the Freedom to Vote Act?
What does it say about Clean and Fair Elections?
- Improve Access – The bill will create automatic and same-day voter registration across the country; re-enfranchise former felons; expand early voting and simplify absentee voting; and modernize the U.S. voting system.
- Restores the Voting Rights Act
- Ends Gerrymandering – The bill will prevent politicians from picking their voters
- Promote Integrity – The bill prohibits voter roll purges
- Ensure Security – The bill enhances federal support for voting system security, especially paper ballots, increasing oversight over election vendors, and developing a national strategy to protect democratic institutions.
How does it end the dominance of BIG $ in our political institutions?
- Guarantee Disclosure – The bill shines a light on dark money in politics by upgrading online political ad disclosure and requiring all organizations involved in political activity to disclose their large donors. The bill also breaks the so-called ‘nesting-doll’ sham that allows big-money contributors and special interests to hide the true funding source of their political spending.
- Empower Citizens – Within an optional clause, the bill gives political power to everyday Americans, creating a multiple matching system for small donations, thereby allowing the American people to exercise their due influence in our politics. This will break special interests’ stranglehold on Congress and lay the groundwork for an agenda that serves the American people. The bill also pushes back on the Citizens United and Buckley decisions by the Supreme Court.
- Strengthen Oversight – The bill tightens rules on super PACs and restructures the FEC to break the gridlock and enhance its enforcement mechanisms. It also repeals Mitch McConnell’s riders that prevent government agencies from requiring common sense disclosure of political spending.
Who runs Un-PAC?
Where does my money go?
90% of your donation will go directly towards youth organizing efforts. The final 10% is used on operations.
Un-PAC Action is a federal 501(c)4 (a political nonprofit) that funds youth organizing efforts working to increase awareness and provide pressure on elected leaders to support American democracy reform, specifically the upcoming legislation, the Freedom to Vote Act.
Is my donation secure?
Any and all sensitive information is tokenized and transmitted over encrypted tunnels. We use the same system trusted by organizations like Robinhood, Acorns, Betterment, Wealthfront, AmericanExpress, and Venmo. We’ve got you covered.
Do you charge any fees?
Is my contribution tax deductible?
Who can donate to Un-PAC?
How else can I support Un-PAC?
Share the campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, email and text your friends, and tell your neighbors! Use the hashtag #UnPAC when you share on social media.